Friday, January 16, 2009

The beginning

OK, I have taken the first step. I hope that this blog will become a collaboration among learners as we strive to integrate technology and meet the learning styles of our students.

Let me begin by directing you to two sites of interest. First a blog by Karl Fisch the creator of "Shift Happens" a popular YouTube video about technology and the future. If you like "Shift Happens" then I suggest viewing "20/20" also. His blog site is: http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/

Karl Fisch is the Tech Coordinator at Arapahoe HS in Colorado.

There is also a Wartburg Connection at Arapahoe this semester. Randon Ruggles is student teaching in the English department. Randon was a student tech ass't at Wartburg. He is blogging about his student teaching experience. His blog is http://fiftynineminutes.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I appreciate your efforts.

    We used to have an occasional in-service that offered instruction on new educational technologies, but those have gone by the wayside. Perhaps we can use a format like this to get all of us thinking about ways to use tech tools in the classroom.

    Mugan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I feel this would be excellent use of inservice time and our in house talent/experience.

    ReplyDelete